We're Hiring! Our Manufacturing and Logistics sites have lots of opportunities with various shifts, full time or part time, permanent and temporary!Find out more
With 17 manufacturing sites across the UK, staying on top of Food Safety, Food Quality and Legality is a huge challenge. And one we love to meet.
As the UK’s 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer, we’re playing a huge role in making sure people can get the food they need. We’re unique in the way we source and make most of our fresh food ourselves, and our wide range of different manufacturing capabilities help us stand out in the world of retail.
Across our sites, we provide top quality food and the freshest produce, from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread. But the big challenge for our Food Technology department is to stay on top of Food Safety, Food Quality and Legality.
Join us as a Technical Degree Apprentice and you’ll get involved in all aspects of food production and compliance across a huge number of food categories. It’s a three year programme where you’ll learn about food manufacturing, develop your leadership skills, work on exciting live projects, and help us to improve and develop our food safety and quality standards.
What you’ll do
- Gain wide-ranging experience within the technical team across a site, and spend time in a variety of roles
- Learn about different manufacturing equipment, processes and technologies
- Work closely with production teams and learn how production lines run
- Provide support at our Flowerworld manufacturing site at peak trading times for Valentines and Mother’s Day
- Make an impact on exciting live business projects
- Work closely with our Technical Systems Manager to learn about product specifications, write procedures and develop existing systems.
- Some of our roles are shift based and may require early starts, late finishes and working weekends. You will also be required to work bank holidays and during peak times of the year.
What you'll study towards
- Study towards a Bsc (Hons) Professional Practice in Food Technology Management at Sheffield Hallam University.
What you’ll need
- Resilience, determination and good leadership skills.
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business.
- To have recently gained a minimum of 96 UCAS points.
- Ideally an A level in food technology or a science based subject.
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs.
- A full UK driving licence and the ability to travel to other locations during your scheme.
Applications for our 2024 Food Technical Degree Apprenticeship scheme are now closed.