We're Hiring! Our Manufacturing and Logistics sites have lots of opportunities with various shifts, full time or part time, permanent and temporary!Find out more
Hilmore House isn’t just where we grow our business - it’s playing an incredibly important role in allowing us to make good things happen for millions of people every single week, and that means it’s buzzing with activity. A career in buying offers plenty of variety. You’ll source and select ranges. You’ll negotiate deals and agreements. You’ll forecast sales and trade plans. And you’ll play a big role in everything from promotions and new product development to product launches, marketing and packaging.
In our buying teams, you’ll also find opportunities to go out and meet our suppliers to build great relationships, too.
At Hilmore House, our 4.5 day working week (Monday to Friday) gives our people the opportunity to collaborate with their teams whilst balancing flexibility at home.
To find out more and visit us at one of our events click here.
What our 2-year scheme involves
In Buying, it’s all about taking on early responsibility in a fast-paced area where strategies can change in the blink of an eye. Which means you’ll start as a Buying Assistant before quickly training to become a Buyer in a specialised product area.
Learning on-the-job, you’ll get involved in supplier negotiations, you’ll spend time with our experienced buyers, and you’ll go on placements within a store to understand our customers and colleagues. Once you’ve done that, we’ll give you your own buying area.
Above all, this scheme gives you the chance to impact on our success, make us even more competitive, and eventually take charge of an entire category where you’ll have budget responsibility.
What you’ll need
- Great communication and listening skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people.
- Lots of confidence with a positive attitude, resilience and a drive to succeed.
- To be good with numbers with plenty of common sense.
- Have the ability to see the fine detail and keep up-to-speed with products, competitors and the market.
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years.
- A minimum 2:1 degree.
- A full UK driving licence.
Applications for our 2024 Buying Graduate scheme are now closed.