We're Hiring! Our Manufacturing and Logistics sites have lots of opportunities with various shifts, full time or part time, permanent and temporary!Find out more
Join us at Hilmore House, and you’ll experience a real buzz as we make big decisions, grow our business, and keep millions of customers happy.
In Finance, we play an important role in helping the business deliver our priorities and build a broader, stronger Morrisons. It’s all about supporting our stores, sites and our online and wholesale channels, too. So if you’re passionate about finance and relish new challenges, you can look forward to plenty of variety. There’s never a dull moment!
We make an impact on every part of Morrisons, as we look after finances, support future plans and make big decisions based on insight and expertise. It all means there’s more to our Finance team than meets the eye. And because we offer a huge range of opportunities, you’ll need a flair for both analysing and presenting data.
What our programme involves
There’s lots of variety, and you’ll support our business teams and develop your skills in different areas of finance. Working with a Financial Accountant or Finance Manager, you’ll learn how to prepare balance sheet reconciliations and generate accruals, prepayments and adjustments. You’ll also assist with financial reporting and help to improve our processes and procedures, too.
It all adds up to a great way to launch your career in finance with a team that will nurture you, support you, and help you realise your potential.
What you’ll study towards
A professional accounting taxation technician apprenticeship (Level 4 CIMA qualification) at Kaplan in Leeds. Once you’ve completed your level 4 qualification you’ll have the opportunity to continue your apprenticeship to an advanced Level 7 with rotations through finance, giving you the skills and experience you need to enjoy a rewarding career as an accountant.
What you’ll need
- Great communication and listening skills.
- Positive attitude, resilience, determination, and the drive to succeed.
- To enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Be analytical and good with numbers with plenty of common sense.
- The ability to solve problems and keep your finger on the pulse of what’s happening across our business.
- Recently achieved or be predicted three B's at A level or equivalent.
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English Level 4.
- A full UK driving licence.