TEMPORARY WORK: Join us in an hourly paid temp role across our logistics and manufacturing sites, and help us provide food for the nation during these difficult times.Find out more
With nearly 500 friendly stores at the heart of our local communities, we’re leading the way when it comes to feeding the nation. And it’s all because we love providing over 11 million customers every week with good quality fresh food and a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
Our store teams deliver a friendly, fresh-focused shopping experience to our customers from across the store from our counters to our customer assistants and our night colleagues to our home delivery pickers.
Thinking quickly on your feet at the heart of the action, on our 2-year programme you’ll help to keep the store running smoothly. Learning to run all areas of the store operations alongside your studies.
As the fast-paced world of retail isn’t 9-5, your role will involve some early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and bank holidays. It’s hard work for sure. But it’s also very rewarding. Every day is different and we’ll support you every step of the way. So, if you love helping customers - learn to become a brilliant retail manager.
What our 2-year scheme involves
Working with different store teams, you’ll learn about our operations, systems, procedures and how to run a store. You’ll get stuck into new challenges and go beyond the 9-5. It’s hard work, but very rewarding and we’ll support you all the way.
You'll work across all areas of the store gaining a full overview of store operations and systems. You’ll quickly move into running your own team of colleagues, leading a department to deliver great service every day, so our customers feel welcome and enjoy shopping in our store.
Holding joint accountability with other Managers for the day to day operational running of the store, you’ll help to deliver great store results.
What you’ll need
- Positive attitude, resilient, determined be approachable and a great listener and communicator
- The flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business with confidence
- Being able to work in a team and have the courage to make decisions
- To be a people person who can lead teams, inspire a diverse group of colleagues and share your passion for food with customers and colleagues
- The flexibility to move around the UK to grow your skills in different stores
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years
- A minimum 2:2 degree
- A full UK driving licence
Applications for our 2021 Retail scheme are now closed.
“When I started the grad scheme I was really taken aback by how much the business invests in you and wants you to develop”
Chloe - Retail Graduate