TEMPORARY WORK: Join us in an hourly paid temp role across our logistics and manufacturing sites, and help us provide food for the nation during these difficult times.Find out more
Our recruitment process is fair and honest just like us. Whether you want to work here or somewhere else, we’ve some great hints and tips that will help you with your application.
When applying for one of our schemes think about your strengths and how your skills, knowledge and experience fit the role you’re applying for. It’s also a good idea to re-read your application before submitting to make sure you’ve included everything you want to and there are no spelling mistakes.
Check closing dates of our schemes and try to get through your application as early as you can so you can be one of the first to be invited to an assessment centre.
For some of our schemes we use telephone interviews. Telephone interviews speed things up, cut out travel and help us to get to know each other better. Just relax, be yourself and remember:
- Settle yourself somewhere quiet where you won’t be interrupted- Have notes handy
- Talk clearly and try not to speak over the interviewer
- Treat it as a normal interview
- Think about your strengths and how your skills, knowledge and experience fit the role you’re applying for
For some of our schemes we use video interview. video interviews speed things up,cut out travel and help us to get to know you better. Just relax, be yourself and remember:
- Dress smartly and be confident and positive
- Settle yourself somewhere quiet where you won’t be interrupted
- Rehearse by talking to a friend or recording and playing back a mock interview
- Test your kit to make sure your webcam works
- Have notes handy but keep as much eye contact as possible
- Talk clearly - Treat it as a normal interview.
- Usually the final part of the process, this is where managers get to see a group of candidates in action. Typically lasting a day, these will involve a group exercise, an analysis task and presentation, and then finally an interview:
- Plan your journey so you arrive ahead of time
- Do your homework and read up on Morrisons and the role
- If you make a mistake, put it behind you
- Make sure you understand the tasks before you start
- Focus on what you’re doing, not the other candidates
- Join in the discussions and have your say
- Make sure your personality shines