NOW HIRING: We’re looking for lots of people to join us now in hourly paid roles across our logistics and manufacturing sites as we continue to #FeedTheNation.Find out more
As we continue to feed the nation, our teams at nearly 500 stores are more focused than ever. Every one of our stores loves providing over 11 million customers every week with good quality fresh food and a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
Our Store People Managers have a really important role to play. Getting stuck into all kinds of people activities right from the start, you'll learn how to run the people function in a store as well as finding out what it’s like to be the Manager in charge.
Getting stuck into all kinds of HR activities, you’ll quickly find yourself in a People Manager role at the heart of one of our stores. In order to support our people and understand our operation you’ll quickly discover that flexibility is key. What’s more, every day is different, and your working week will involve some early and late starts, early finishes, as well as some late finishes, weekend working and Bank Holidays.
What our 2-year scheme involves
After structured training and shadowing an existing People manager, you’ll gain responsibility for people in one of our stores. You’ll gain a good understanding of the vital role our people team plays and the big impact it makes on improving performance.
As well as gaining hands-on experience in our stores, you could also find yourself with the opportunity to work in one of our other people functions across manufacturing, logistics or our support centre. What’s more, you’ll also be able to make the most of the flexibility to move around the UK to grow your skills in different stores, sites or our support centre. All to help you become a future success and grow into a great People manager.
As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll study for a level 5 CIPA qualification as part of our HR Consultant Partner Apprenticeship.
What you’ll need
- A real passion for people management
- To be influential, self-motivated and results-driven
- Great interpersonal skills and a collaborative, customer focused approach
- The determination to take ownership of problems and solve them
- Great communication and listening skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people
- Lots of confidence with a positive attitude, resilience and a drive to succeed
- To be able to work early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and bank holidays
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years
- A minimum Grade C (4) in Maths and English GCSEs
- To have or be expecting a 2:1 degree
- A full UK driving licence.
Applications are now closed for our 2021 People Management Graduate Scheme