Looking for a new job this Christmas? A role in retail, logistics or manufacturing could be just what you’ve always wanted.Find out more
Like every business, we’ve had to make some big decisions over the past few years, and Hilmore House is where those decisions were made. It’s buzzing with activity as we make good things happen for our millions of customers, and is home to many of our support teams from marketing and wholesale to corporate services, online and property.
During our 2-year programme, you’ll work as part of a number of different corporate teams. Here, it’s about developing new skills and learning about our business and industry through placements across different areas during the programme.
Our modernised way of working in Hilmore House includes a 4 day working week, plus 11 Saturdays a year. That means you’ll have the opportunity to spend time in the office working alongside your team, as well as time on your personal development and teamwork in our stores.
What our 2-year scheme involves
Working as part of different teams in our support office, you’ll develop new skills and learn about our business and industry. It’s all about tackling problems and getting stuck into business priority projects, as you find out where your talents lie and which team suits you the best. As well as a variety of placements, you’ll also experience working in a retail store to get a better understanding of our customers and their needs.
Supported every step of the way, you’ll enjoy structured training and the chance to shine as you work on exciting projects in areas such as Corporate Services, Online, Marketing, Wholesale and Productivity. Put simply, you’ll gain loads of experience of a big business and bags of industry insight.
What you’ll need
- The determination to take ownership of problems and solve them.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Great communication and listening skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people.
- Lots of confidence with a positive attitude, resilience and a drive to succeed.
- Currently in your final year of your degree/masters or have graduated in the last two years.
- A minimum 2:1 degree.
- A full UK driving licence.