Looking for a new job this Christmas? A role in retail, logistics or manufacturing could be just what you’ve always wanted.Find out more
We're already one of the UK's largest food manufacturers, with a strong manufacturing operation and reputation for high quality, cost effective food making, and we produce great food for our customers.
With our roots in farming heritage, our sites produce fresh food from fruit and veg to fish and meat. We’re unique in the way we source and make most of our fresh food ourselves — our manufacturing capabilities really make us stand out in the world of retail.
On the Manufacturing Buying scheme, you'll train to be a buyer in Meat (based in Colne), Fish (based in Grimsby) or Fruit and Veg (based in Hilmore House Bradford). As part of your development you’ll gain hands-on experience and understanding of the end to end buying process of sourcing, sales and planning, commercial finance and new product development. You will also join our other Buying graduates in training and development, such as negotiation training.
What our 2 year scheme involves
You will enjoy different placements in Meat, Fish or Fruit and Veg (according to what you apply for) and help drive efficiencies and commercial profitability with our growers and suppliers in a fast-paced environment. It’s about working together to gain the best outcome for our customers.
You’ll also initially gain an appreciation of our operational manufacturing business and have a short placement in our stores to learn more about our retail operation .
And before you know it, you’ll be sourcing our raw products, interacting with our farmers and growers and planning with our sites to deliver great quality food to our stores and external customers. Always looking to do things better, you’ll be able to think quickly on your feet and solve problems fast.
What you’ll need
- A real passion for food and it’s quality, ideally some agriculture experience.
- Great communication and listening skills and the ability to lead, influence and build strong working relationships with a diverse team of people both internally and externally.
- Lots of confidence with a positive attitude, resilience and a drive to succeed.
- To be in your final year of your degree/masters or to have graduated in the last two years.
- A minimum 2:1 degree.
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.