NOW HIRING: We’re looking for lots of people to join us now in hourly paid roles across our logistics and manufacturing sites.Find out more
We have nearly 500 friendly stores at the heart of our local communities across the country. This is where we make and provide great food so more and more people can afford eating well.
Our teams at those stores love providing over 11 million customers every week with good quality fresh food and a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else. They deliver a friendly, fresh-focused shopping experience to our customers from across the store. Whether that’s from our counters to our customer assistants, and from our night colleagues to our home delivery pickers.
On our 3-year programme, you’ll need to think quickly on your feet as you’ll be right at the heart of the action. It’s all about helping to keep our store running smoothly as you learn what’s involved in store operations alongside your studies.
As the fast-paced world of retail isn’t 9-5, your role will involve some early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and Bank Holidays. It’s hard work for sure. But it’s also very rewarding. Every day is different and we’ll support you every step of the way. So, if you love helping customers - learning to become a brilliant retail manager is a great idea!
What you’ll do
- You'll work across all areas of the store gaining a full overview of store operations and systems
- You’ll then train to become a Team Leader where you’ll help lead a team of colleagues within a department
- By the end of your three years, you'll be a Manager in one of our stores. That means you’ll be responsible for a department, holding joint accountability with other Managers for the day to day operational running of the store.
- If you have what it takes, you could then make it onto our Store Manager Development Programme.
What you'll study towards
- You could study towards a Bsc (Hons) Management and Business at the University of Bradford. Or, you could study towards a BA (Hons) Graduate Apprenticeship in Business Management in Scotland at the University of Strathclyde.
What you’ll need
- Resilience, determination and good leadership skills
- The flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business with confidence
- Being able to work in a team and have the courage to make decisions
- Flexibility to move between stores and locations - you'll be based in England or Scotland
- Experience of working in a retail or customer facing environment
- Recently gained or be predicted a minimum of 112 UCAS points
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs
- A minimum Level 4 in Maths and English GCSEs OR 4 Highers at minimum level B including Maths or equivalent qualification (for Scottish stores)
Applications for our 2023 Retail Degree Apprenticeship scheme are now open.