We're Hiring! Our Manufacturing and Logistics sites have lots of opportunities with various shifts, full time or part time, permanent and temporary!Find out more
Our Multi-Skilled Engineers are an important part of our engineering team.
They investigate the best ways to keep us moving, by improving plant productivity, getting repairs rolling, making sure that recurring faults are spotted, and tackling electrical and mechanical maintenance.
Our manufacturing sites are demanding, complex, and some of them even operate 24 hours a day. So, it's important that we have a strong Engineering team who can get the most from our machines and make sure they’re able to provide great products for our customers, as fast as they can.
What you’ll need
To join us as a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you’ll need:
- Qualifications to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (such as ONC Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or BTEC Level 3 in Mechanical & Electrical/Electronic Engineering).
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment, ideally the food industry.
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and preferably IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to make important decisions on the spot.
- A can do attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to match the pace of our site.
A day in the life...
...of a Multi-Skilled Engineer...
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you’ll report to our Site Engineering Manager and work closely with our production and engineering teams. It’s about keeping downtime to a minimum by carrying out maintenance so that we can stop disruptions before they happen. And it’s about investigating ways to improve productivity while figuring out the cause of any breakdowns.
You’ll also spend time carrying out repairs, diagnosing faults, and looking after proactive and reactive maintenance. All while keeping detailed and accurate records, and ensuring good health and safety on site.