Thinking quickly on your feet at the heart of the action, on our 3-year programme you’ll help to keep the store running smoothly. You’ll inspire a team of friendly faces and come up with new solutions to provide our customers with a great shopping experience.
As the fast-paced world of retail isn’t 9-5, your role will involve some early starts, late finishes, night shifts and working weekends and bank holidays. It’s hard work for sure. But it’s also very rewarding. Every day is different and we’ll support you every step of the way. So, if you love helping customers - learn to become a brilliant retail manager.
What you’ll do
- Learn about our store trading operations and systems
- Develop your project management skills by supporting exciting business projects, which will enable us to serve our customers better
- You'll work across all areas of the store gaining a full overview of store operations following which you'll train to become a Team Manager where you will be accountable for leading a team of colleagues within a department
- By the end of the three years you'll be a Senior Manager in one of stores accountable for a range of departments, holding joint accountability with other Senior Managers for the store in the Store Managers absence
- If you have what it takes you could make it onto the Store Manager Development Programme.
What you'll study towards
- Study towards a BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Management at Sheffield Hallam University
- You’ll also become a fully chartered member of the CMI (Chartered Management Institute).
What you’ll need
- Resilience, determination and good leadership skills
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business
- A minimum of 104 UCAS points (based on the new UCAS tariff or 260 based on the old tariffs).
“The people make the company. Our people are what give us our fantastic reputation for customer service, and I really love being a part of that. ”Hear from our people