Shift Manager - Operations - Flowerworld Derby
Location: Manufacturing - Flowerworld
Job type: Full Time
Closing Date: Tuesday, 8 November 2016
We've got a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Manager - Operations to join our operations team our Morrisons Flowerworld manufacturing site in Derby. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will lead your team to successfully deliver your lines KPI's and drive business performance.
This is a full time permanent 'days' based position.
Our Flowerworld site is a one of a kind packing and distribution site for all our flowers. Our bouquets are hand crafted by front line colleagues and these bouquets are distributed up and down the country! We pack for all our stores and also third party suppliers. Recently we have launched our own online business - www.flowerworld.co.uk - so this is a fantastic time to join our business and be part of something new and exciting as it grows!
Here at Morrisons our Shift Managers do the following;
- Take full responsibility for the day to day running of a department on shift, ensuring the Health & Safety of all colleagues whilst maintaining and making improvements in all areas.
Coach, develop and lead staff & establish a continuous improvement culture.
- Monitor and communicate the site plan, performance KPI's and targets ensuring that all colleagues are striving to achieve the same goal.
- Working closer with internal and external suppliers you will build strong effective relationships ensuring that the site is legally compliant, all products are delivered to specification to ensure value and colleagues are highly engaged with the right tools to do their job.
- Control levels and accuracy of waste & waste recording including Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and potential efficiency; accuracy & waste recording; downtime; product weights; staff efficiency.
- Continuously identify ways to reduce costs & improve standards & efficiency in all areas.
- Attend daily review meetings to ensure fully on target to deliver.
- Lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty & integrity - develop & support people through coaching and feedback.
What skills and qua