Technology Specialist - Manufacturing Applications - 2 year FTC
Location: Morrisons Head Office Bradford
Job type: Full Time
Closing Date: Thursday, 10 November 2016
We've got a fantastic opportunity for a Technology Specialist - Manufacturing Applications to join the Information Technology team at Hilmore House, Bradford on a 2 year fixed term contract. Reporting to the Technology Manager you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of new functionality to a wide portfolio of Manufacturing systems and solutions across our manufacturing estate including both legacy and corporate ERP and MES implementations.
Here at Morrisons our Technology Specialist - Manufacturing Applications does the following;
- Assist with the configuration of various manufacturing applications and solutions
- Support and promote business process improvement
- Liaise with external vendors to enable successfully delivery of upgrades and enhancements
- Unit & component testing of applications or new functionality
- Ensure appropriate documentation has been completed
- Utilise Agile methodologies
- Troubleshooting defects
- Work as part of a team to develop a strong knowledge base
- Quickly prototypes and iterates on ideas.
- Act as a key member of the Manufacturing Systems team, providing input into group strategy, motivation and development.
What skills and qualifications do I need to be a successful Technology Specialist - Manufacturing applications?
- Functional experience with Oracle EBS, Epicor Tropos or another Tier 1 or 2 ERP
- Experience of implementing, developing or supporting Manufacturing execution systems or other Manufacturing software solutions (Marel Innova, Hellenic FOPS, Principal Index, Lineview etc).
- Background working with food or process manufacturing
- Ability to clearly articulate creative ideas to senior leaders.
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies.
Our IT function offers more of what matters to systems professionals at every level. We're making business wide improvements, using the latest technology, and creating excitin