Location: Nutmeg Coalville
Job type: Part Time
Closing Date: Monday, 31 October 2016
We are looking for an experienced Childrenswear Designer to join our team at Nutmeg's head office in Coalville on a 12 month Fixed term contract 4 days per week.
In this multi product role you'll be planning, managing and designing a departments range that is commercially and customer driven.
Please note that this is a 32 hour per week contract for a 12 month fixed term basis.
What will I do as a Designer at Nutmeg?
- Ensure an in depth customer focused knowledge of the varying market, trends and colour palettes to enable you to design and deliver a product range that reflects customer requirements
- Understand the impact designs can have on costings and product range that reflects customer requirements
- Develop positive working relationships with suppliers market,
- Have a design vision for the department strategy, designing and building a commercial product range working alongside the buyer, which reflects the Nutmeg brand strategy requirements.
- You would be part of a small design team with a lot of influence over the design and direction of the range.
- Have a great eye for commercial print and graphic ideas to allow you to work effectively alongside the graphics team.
What skills and experience do I need to be a success in this role?
- Fashion design qualification
- Experience of planning, designing and delivering a commercial range with a profitable model
- Expert with design packages - Illustrator and Photoshop with experience of mentoring others
- A passion for product and an eye for detail
- Experience with a clothing retailer/supplier
- Experience in leading a high performing team
If you think you have the skills and experience to be a success in this role then we'd love to hear from you.
Apply for this position
Are you a returning applicant?
If so, use our express application process by entering your e-mail address and password from your previous applications here: