Shift Manager - Technical
Location: Manufacturing - Farmers Boy - Deeside
Job type: Full Time
Closing Date: Friday, 25 November 2016
We've got a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Manager - Technical to join the team at our Deeside Manufacturing site. Reporting to the Senior Site Technical Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management and guidance of the technical team across all departments.
Farmers Boy Acquired on 12th July 2010 as a joint venture with Cranswick Foods then became 100% Morrisons owned in April 2012. Deeside low risk extension is due for completion early this year. It has 20 high speed High Risk Slicing Lines lines on a standard week producing over 2.5 million packs of sliced cooked meats in a standard week. It has 1100 colleagues operating 24hrs a day 7 days a week and dispatching up to 9 vehicles per day.
Here at Morrisons, our Shift Managers - Technical do the following;
- Deliver food safety, legality, quality and integrity for all our customers, colleagues and brands.
- Ensure all designated procedures and practices comply to legal , BRC and MMS requirements
- Checking CCP's across departments ensuring trained competent staff controlling.
- Attend daily, weekly, monthly meetings when required updating on key technical areas.
- Support and advice colleagues on escalated issues encouraging a route cause problem solving solution
- Good problem solver that can raise issues and offer solutions using a risk based approach.
- Deliver information for technical daily, weekly monthly reports.
- Strong people developer and performance manager through a coaching leadership style.
- Ability to lead change through a continuous improvement approach.
What skills and qualifications do I need to be a successful Shift Manager - Technical?.
- Relevant experience or degree in Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, Manufacturing or Business.
- Knowledge, of safety, legality, compliance and quality across supply chain and product range.
- Appropriate experience in Manufacturing and/or retail industries.
- manufacturing knowledge/experience
- High risk knowledge/experience
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Thermal processing knowledge/experience
- Determination and a will to succeed
- Strong analytical and decision making capability
- You will have good communication skills
- Risk based problem solving , solution finding
- Structured approach to change management
- Capability to implement change
- You will have a natural coaching ability
- Financial and commercial awareness
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
What's stopping you...?
If you are someone that prides themselves in delivering exceptional results, strives for high performance and is passionate about success we want to hear from you!
Apply for this position
Are you a returning applicant?
If so, use our express application process by entering your e-mail address and password from your previous applications here: