Assistant Company Secretary
Location: Morrisons Head Office Bradford
Job type: Full Time
Closing Date: Friday, 18 November 2016
We've got a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join the Group Secretariat team at Morrisons Head Office, Hilmore House, Bradford. Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, you will assist the Group Company Secretary and Deputy Company Secretary to help ensure the Group adhere at all times to good standards of Corporate Governance and that it complies fully with its Company Secretarial and Corporate Regulatory requirements. You will also help ensure that all subsidiary entities are compliant with applicable laws and remain in good standing at all times.
Here at Morrisons our Assistant Company Secretary does the following;
- Support the Deputy Company Secretary in all aspects, including organisation of the Annual General Meeting
- Shareholder management ensuring correct communications are issued in accordance with regulations and legislation including dividend payments
- Ensure that information is shared in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained at all times
- Ensure that all subsidiary entities (including nominees companies) are compliant with applicable laws and remain in good standing at all times
- Maintain and updating statutory records
- Incorporation and dissolution of companies, preparing and filing Companies House Forms.
- Take ownership for ensuring the filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns
- Administration of Powers of Attorney
- Manage disclosure requirements as necessary
- Company Secretary administrative duties including minutes for subsidiary companies within the corporate structure
- Keep up to date with legislative developments relating to companies
What skills and qualifications do I need to be a successful Assistant Company Secretary?
- 'You must have a good understanding of Company Secretary roles and responsibilities
- You should have worked in a large organisiation before and built up knowledge of company law. This should cover the Companies Act 2006; the UK Corporate Governance Code; UK Listing Rules; and Disclosure and Transparency rules
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to recognise, manage and prioritise own workload
- Subsidiary corporate company governance experience
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent understanding of Corporate Governance
- Experience using Blueprint
If you're interested in taking on a new challenge and have the skills to strengthen our team further, then we want to hear from you!
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a discount card for you and a friend or family member giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, a highly competitive pension scheme, Life Assurance and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this position
Are you a returning applicant?
If so, use our express application process by entering your e-mail address and password from your previous applications here: